The Music Department offers opportunities for students to participate in concerts and shows from all ability levels on three occasions over the course of a Year. There is an opportunity for students to learn a musical instrument in Strings, Woodwind, Brass, Keyboard or Piano, Guitar and Singing taught by a talented group of peripatetic staff. There are various extra –curricular clubs on offer such as Treblemakers, Acapella singers, orchestra and a guitar club. We aim to enable all students to receive a positive experience in music through the development of listening, performing and compositional skills. This will be achieved through a variety of musical experiences of ensemble and solo work. We offer challenge to develop their leadership and team building skills as independent learners and creative thinkers by building their confidence in a friendly environment. You can encourage your child to develop and appreciation of music by
- Encouraging your child to attend extra – curricular activities regularly on offer at school.
- Making them aware there is an opportunity to learn a musical instrument.
- Participating in clubs outside of school such as musical theatre in local orchestras/bands.
- Attending musical concerts/shows/bands in or outside of school
- Joining in with local and national competitions: See current opportunity BBC Proms Inspire Competition 2017 http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/articles/4mY3MbSJ5G2LvSbzZPbc85G/bbc-proms-inspire
- Song writing competition: http://www.songacademy.co.uk/says17/
- Take part in the third series of the hit CBBC show Got What It Takes?
- Treblemakers – at Newcastle and Clayton
- Acapella Singers – Clayton
- Guitar Club – Clayton
- Orchestra – at Newcastle and Clayton