Key stage 3 overview
- Analysing and Displaying Data
- Expressions, Functions and Formulae
- Decimals and Measures
- Calculating with Fractions
- Ratio and proportion
- Sequences and graphs
- Area and Volume
Maths surgery is available at lunchtime on a Wednesday for pupils to come for support with anything Maths related. UK Maths Trust competitions are used to stretch our Gifted and Talented pupils.
Key stage 4 overview
Pupils follow a 3 year curriculum which is designed to equip them with the skills necessary to achieve their full potential in their GCSEs and to be functionally numerate throughout their lives. At the end of KS4, pupils will sit the Edexcel 9-1 Mathematics GCSE. A copy of the specification is available to download from the Edexcel website: http://qualifications.pearson.com/en/qualifications/edexcel-gcses/mathematics-2015.html
Maths intervention is held for Y11 pupils on a Monday night from 3:15pm until 4pm. Maths surgery is available at lunchtime on a Tuesday for Y10 pupils to come for support with anything Maths related. UK Maths Trust competitions are used to stretch our Gifted and Talented pupils.
Qualification Assessment overview
All pupils sit an assessment at the completion of each unit of work as well as at the end of each term. These are used to track progress and tailor any necessary intervention for pupils.
GCSE is 100% eternal examination which takes place in May/June of Y11. Pre-public examinations are sat by Y11 pupils in the Autumn and Spring terms.
Please CLICK HERE to view the 2017.18 curriculum map for all year groups
How can parents support their child and Newcastle Academy with Mathematics?
- All pupils have a login to the MathsWatch website (https://vle.mathswatch.co.uk/vle/) which contains videos and interactive questions to test knowledge and assess progress.
- Please encourage your child to attend Maths surgery on the relevant day.
- Other free websites for material to support your child are: Corbett Maths: https://corbettmaths.com/ and Mr Barton Maths: http://www.mrbartonmaths.com/
Mr Nathan Keeling, Assistant Principal | Head of Maths, firstname.lastname@example.org
Mr Alex Jones, Second in Maths Faculty, email@example.com
Mrs Laura Fletcher, Teacher of Maths, firstname.lastname@example.org